PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:35
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@propertee64

I mentioned the Earhart Search PNG website Part 7 (again) because Greg47 in his effort to downplay all that I am saying, once again reminded me that he does not read and digest what is written on this thread or bother to read notifications or internet .urls presented for him to read and it is not only myself who has pointed this out. He therefore, has to be reminded… Whether or not he pays attention to the reminding thereof is another matter.

Only today, while clearing papers, I came across a letter from Bill Prymak who had written to a Mr. Don Kenyon who worked at the Lockheed plant at Burbank as a young man and he had affirmed to Bill that engines delivered from Pratt & Whitney were stored outside the plant in crates but had the details of the airframe that they were destined for on tags attached to the engines. Could this then be the kind if tag we are desperate to find, I wonder ?.

Today again, I found a Facsimile letter from the US Embassy in Port Moresby, dated 28th June 2000, where I had gone to the Embassy after I had walked into the wreck of a Consolidated B-24 Liberator bomber on a hill, outside of Yalu Village near to LAE and to the airstrip at NADZAB …..and reported it in to the Embassy. I must also have informed them of the Electra Project and the person I had spoken to had relayed my message to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and a Curator there named Dorothy Cochrane had said, basically, “No, it is not possible”… so nothing resulted from that.

This Project has been widely discussed starting in 2004 when the story appeared in “USA Today” and yet nothing has resulted despite my best efforts to show that what the Australian Vets found on that hillside points to the wreckage being the Earhart Electra. I, personally, do not care how it got there, I think I know by my research into the flight, the fuel usage, the wind and how it would be possible… but that s not good enough.

The wreck that the Vets saw in April 1945 has to be found. That is it.