PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair bases in Poland.
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 07:20
Full_blast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomuchwork
Wrong - roster is 5 on / 5 off(for the Poland "deal"). And they are still searching. Seems they do not find enough RYR Captains willing to go to Poland at the moment. FO positions, according latest memo, filled up.
That's the sun deal.

Salary: Well, it always depends WHERE you are based. In other bases you can easlily make up to 8k €/month with a good month of RYR flying(96-105 hrs). The more east you go the lower the salary gets as they argue that the life is cheaper there. Which does not apply to Captains living in western Europe and only flying out of there, THAT's why they are still short of captains in Poland.....

Management in RYR is not really fast learning, it takes it's time. Eventually they will realize that and increase the salary....
Roster is 5/5 now but for people that are volunteering for the summer season only and not with Ryanair Sun contracts. Initial offer when they first advertised in 2017 was 5/2 with different contract and I also recall something crazy like polish base in summer and canary island in winter.

i think you stand big chances of being based in Poland with a direct Ryanair contract, however as tomuchwork said, you'll be earning less in the east. Still remember few years back when Ryanair was flooded by applicants from Hungary, that they opened a new agency in Slovakia that was made ad-hoc for people applying from Hungary and nearby countries paying 10€/hour less if I remember well. Reason also being "living in your country is cheaper so you can earn less".

Welcome to Ryanair. Think very wisely before joining.