PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 22:11
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Really? I thought it was all the fault of the lackadaisical, unimaginative airport management and they're refusal to invest.

The central question is never really answered - if SOU is such a plum, why is it never picked?

interesting comment, what's your source?
Exactly!

I live approximately 5 miles from Southampton Airport and I am in my early fifties and travel a fair bit with at least 12 or so flights taken a year with the majority of them being short haul European flights with British Airways yet in all my life I have only ever use Southampton Airport on five occasions so I don't think your comment makes any sense.

I would love to use SOU more but with LHR just an hour away and LGW doable in approximately hour and a half and both offering the destinations that I need to fly to with the schedules that suits and that's where SOU fails, I was made up when we had a service to Barcelona a few years ago and used Vueling but now I have to drive past my local airport to get there.

There are many destinations that could be served from SOU and I personally can't see why the airport can't sustain such routes to key European cities.