PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of life USA/EU (Easyjet/BA/Ryanair)
Old 22nd May 2018, 20:06
SextanteUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomuchwork
Go for Easyjet, Portugal basing. Full CLA. What do you want more. Pretty impressive terms.

RYR might be ok as well, depends which base you get. As far as I understood you just "drove" the jungle jet(ERJ145) which would not qualify you as a direct entry captain(which would be favourable as here you get normally your first choice and a RYR direct contract). With the right base close to home RYR would be interesting. Salary wise(as an FO with some agency contract) you would most likely make more money as you did on the ERJ back in the US(as a skipper I assume).

Bottomline - try Easy. Most likely the right way to go with your experience. That way you just need to bite in the sour apple once....
Thanks man!.

I actually don't fly part 121, it's a part 135 outfit and make more than 1st year on a regional haha. Weird but true.

Plan would be to "skip" being an FO in Europe, since I'm already a FO here. I'll try my best to get hired at Frontier, Allegiant, Spirit even Jetblue, get an upgrade, and then if it was still a possible path, try DEC. But this is just an idea, who knows what's gonna happen even next year.

Maybe it'd be worth it to start as SO the sooner, to work my way up from there.

Do you have to pay for your type rating at EZY?