PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of life USA/EU (Easyjet/BA/Ryanair)
Old 22nd May 2018, 17:58
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
France, Italy and Germany have all very good contracts, good to great money, strong unions, plenty of part time options and decent benefits.
It's hard work but the roster is not bad (5 on 4 off where I am) and hours flown still acceptable (between 600 and 650 a year in my base for FOs and slightly more for Captains).
As Captain it is not easy to be hired straight to these countries, you might have to "suffer" somewhere else, but in a few years you should get a transfer, a part from the super popular bases, which might require a longer wait.

Quality of life depends on you, plenty of bases available in these countries.

Originally Posted by SextanteUK
What base has in your opinion the best quality of life overall?

Yeah I saw they are hiring there all the time, which makes me wonder why haha. I'm OK with having a tight schedule, but not sure if long term you'd get tired of that operation.

I've had the worst jobs you can have out there (non-aviation related), so I know how lucky I am being able to fly for a living, no complaints at all. Just trying to figure out my next step.

I've always liked Easyjet. I lived for a couple of years in Edinburgh and I flew to Madrid often.