PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality of life USA/EU (Easyjet/BA/Ryanair)
Old 22nd May 2018, 17:06
SextanteUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirk85
In my european base every FO asking for part time is getting it, no problem. Actually more part time positions available than pilots applying for it.

There is more to easyJet than UK bases...
What base has in your opinion the best quality of life overall?

Originally Posted by byrondaf
If you've got the command hours and don't mind being Portugal based, easyJet are always recruiting captains there. Good pay, secure job and great people to fly with. Is it a tiring roster, yes. Will there be things that will annoy you about the company, yes. Would I work anywhere else doing shorthaul? no. Lots of base choices, lots of part time options and a great bunch of people to fly with. Oh and I think it's the amongst the best paid short haul gig going...
Yeah I saw they are hiring there all the time, which makes me wonder why haha. I'm OK with having a tight schedule, but not sure if long term you'd get tired of that operation.

I've had the worst jobs you can have out there (non-aviation related), so I know how lucky I am being able to fly for a living, no complaints at all. Just trying to figure out my next step.

I've always liked Easyjet. I lived for a couple of years in Edinburgh and I flew to Madrid often.