PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 15:44
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FL240
Spent years in GA in Aus and PNG, 1.5 years flying regionals in USA and currently flying the A321 in Europe. I am wanting to come back to Aus with my family eventually and so considering either going to China first or coming back sooner.

If one were to join QF tomorrow, what progression and ballpark salaries could be expected over the next 3-5 years assuming the market remained the same? If not wanting to stay an SO forever, what’s the current time to FO and then Captain if you are happy to move to junior base/fleet as required?

Thanks
Others may have more accurate figures but I would suggest Perth 737 F/O within 12 months (or potentially sooner after joining for those with jet experience) at AU$170-200K plus Superannuation.

Progression to widebody F/O or narrowbody CMD after that could take a lot of years (could be 12-15+), unless QF rapidly expand their fleet, which they are currently not showing any signs of doing.

Movement to East Coast 737 F/O possible after a couple of years depending on movement and recruitment.

Things have improved recently but we currently have guys who joined the airline single and are now missing their kid’s 16th birthday because they’re doing their final F/O check on a widebody.