PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F50 Questions
Thread: F50 Questions
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:16
Saintly

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts
F50 Questions

Hi everyone,
I hardly post on here but i do a lot of reading on the forum. I'm not a pilot but I am very much into aviation. I do feel a little hesitant to create a thread because I sort of feel out of place as I'm not a pilot but one thing we all have is the "aviation bug" and well...what a great bug it is to have.

i wanted to talk about my favourite turboprop aircraft (I hope that's ok and if not then I apologise) which is the Fokker 50. I flew on the F50 for many years with Skywest to Carnarvon and I always enjoyed the flights. Also a special hello to those people who worked on the Skywest F50s (pilots, flight attendants, ground crew, engineers etc).

These are just random questions that I have always wanted to ask:

How did the F50 conpare against similar sized turbo prop aircraft such as the Dash 8-300?

Do people think that there was still a need for F50s in WA?? I know VA got rid of then but they did so well in WA for a long time. I know Alliance operates them in S.A and QLD and I assume they are doing well there.

I have often heard people call the F50 "Slow Tug Boat" Why is that? I assume they are referring to the F50s speed?

Anyways these are a few questions to get the ball rolling.

Cheers,
Saintly.