PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 00:17
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that old ‘different training systems’ between LH and SH is virtually dead. I’ve flown with a number of former 737 pilots converting to the A330 and virtually all of them indicate that there is now very little difference in training vibe between the two fleets.

Just to back home maggot’s comments. Sure a long time S/O is going to find a A330 promotional upgrade challenging. Many people find a promotional upgrade challenging for any number of specific and personal reasons (yours truly included when I did F/O training). So every one starts with a ‘standard’ course but there are multiple opportunities given to identify and rectify road blocks to learning along the way. The reality is though that trainees have difficulties at different places in the program (or no difficulties at all) so there is no one ‘silver bullet’ solution for a long time S/O. I do know though that a number of very good people are looking at this issue and seeing if there are ‘systemic’ things that can be addressed. At the end of the day, none of us wants to see a colleague’s career curtailed.

Last edited by Keg; 22nd May 2018 at 00:42.