PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Great Hour Building Conundrum
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 21:23
ComeFlyWithB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
Question - what do you hope to do with your ATPL?

Airline pilot? - somewhere you can do complex interesting long trips; the USA is ideal.

Instructor? Move around getting hours in multiple types.

It's a stepping stone to a military career? - Learn aerobatics!

Not sure, just want it: Get an interesting and affordable share in the UK, go farmstrip touring.

G
Airline pilot is the ultimate goal initially followed by maybe instructing in a good few years just to keep a hand in with the fun stuff whilst helping people simultaneously.

The USA was the first / preferred choice given I know it well and been fortunate enough to travel around it often and live there however I like the look of the added experience in South Africa however safety could be the big down side / I don’t think it’s as straightforward as elsewhere. Australia is out of the question, it’s far too expensive compared to elsewhere. New Zeland ... has potential if a good flight deal comes up, I recently saw flights and a camper van for 2/3 weeks for just under £1000! But with that being said I’ve only found maybe 1/2 schools which have rates comparable to the states.
Lastly Canada also looks to have some very good challenging flying experience (I don’t intend to just burn holes in the sky except going over Airwork) .....