PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 16:18
Midland Alpha9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edi_local
Doesn't change the fact that as of yet QR have not yet been at CWL for the peak season. That is still yet to happen. In a few weeks when the schools are out, the figures will climb. There will be a dip once the school holidays are over, another spike in October and then November is a traditionally dead month for leisure travel from the UK before the Christmas and New Year peak again. That is generally how it goes in this country, but no doubt people will be screaming about low figures again come Autumn.

I honestly cannot believe the negativity on here surrounding QR/CWL. It's a huge boost for Wales and just because it's not been at 100% capacity for the first few weeks people are on a downer. Things take time to gain a foothold! If it was up to some of you I genuinely think you'd have had them packing up and shipping out a week after the launch.
Well said EDI the normal rule of thumb for a start up route is Year 1 Loss, Year 2 Break even, Year 3 Contribution. Qatar Airways certainly have deeper pockets than some of the startups I have had the pleasure being involved with.
The CEO QR has looked at this for numerous years, he should be applauded for having the vision to take this decision.