PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A319 FO windshield blowout
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2018, 00:28
shimin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(My cut to the end): I believe I can go through it.
Narratage: According to the news conference of Sichuan Airlines, except for the skin scrape of the FO and an attendant's waist injury, and 27 passengers in the hospital had not been significantly abnormal, the rest of the board are total okay in everything. According to the announcement, the Southwest Bureau of Civil Aviation with and Sichuan Supervision Bureau rushed to the scene at the first time to investigate. The investigation included Captain Liu Chuanjian and all crew members.
Anchor: What is the overall arrangement for you?
Liu Chuanjian: We just landed for several days. The officials of the administration and the investigators works with us to investigate the situation. Reflect the situation at the time. We carried out a survey, yesterday, following the day before yesterday,… everyday to me is the full day of investigation.
Anchor: A lot of people are talking about this accident. In the future, there will be safety issues. The public always show a lot of such concerns. Will you concern such an issue a captain?
Liu Chuanjian: Of course, there must be some consequences after the investigation, we have to face to. But (the investigation) has not gotten the conclusion by now, we (crewmembers) cannot consider it in advance. But this will come out someday and somewhere. You are right, indeed.
Anchor: The last question is from my concern. You have gone through such a special accident, what will your personal arrangements be as the accident captain?
Liu Chuanjian: If I can, I want to fly. I would like continue to fly after passing physical examination, physical examination without any abnormal conditions.
Anchor: Do you say that the psychological stability is because there are still some possible emotional fluctuations?
Liu Chuanjian: Yes. aeronautical medicine experts will do something for us, psychological guidance, this kind of things to let us recover into the healthy status. Not only physical health, mental health is also needed.
Anchor: We wish to meet you again in the position of captain!
Liu Chuanjian: No problem. I believe I can go through it.

My few words at the end:
It's only few hours away from my long-haul flight. I have to cut out the rest and rush into the end. I'm sorry again for having not much time to sort out the contents very well. Another reason is that it is too long to read within one post. So, I broke up ten paragraphs. The title was also named by myself, not the original one.
I want to reiterate that in this professional forum, my purpose is to share info and fact with the whole aviation industry. As for my translation, there are various problems and/or mistakes for various reasons. However, this does not impair the constructive discussion.
One of my personal interests is that when most people think that high altitude hypoxia will be fatal, Liu's experience is opposite to that. My personal understanding is that the high-speed impact air greatly enhances the air density of the cockpit, of course, including the increase of oxygen. This is a particularly interesting discovery to me. I will work with my colleagues, aeronautical medics and flight control experts to study these interesting topics with accident data collected. We expect that we will find something, and then prove something, for our safer air travel.