PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A319 FO windshield blowout
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 15:52
shimin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part VII: The critical five minutes
Tower call: 8633 Chengdu, 8633 Chengdu.
Narratage: Meanwhile, Chengdu ATC has not forgotten the 3U8633 flight. The air traffic controller on duty has called 3U8633 for many times, but 3U8633 has not responded. ATC has asked other flights to assist calls and has not had any reply from 3U8633.
Tower call: Please call 8633 in the group, see if you can call it, Sichuan 8633, Chengdu calls you, Sichuas 8633, Chengdu calls you, 8633, Chengdu calls you….
At 7:10 in the morning of May 14, 2018, the radar of the Southwest ATCB showed the 3U8633 flight issued the code A7700. All the duty controllers immediately run into the emergency working state. They commanded the emergency evacuation of the 6 aircraft nearby and made the military coordination. At Chengdu Shuangliu Airport, 8 aircraft towards to the runway immediately stopped taking off and 15 more aircraft on the apron were stopped. All provide the best airspace environment for the emergency landing of 3U8633 flight.
Anchor: How long did it take to control the whole plane to a good state?
Liu Chuanjian: Around five minutes.
Interviewer: What kind of process did you experience in the five minutes?
Liu Chuanjian: Very complex, very complex.
Anchor: Why do you use the word of complex?
Liu Chuanjian: I thought a lot at that time, I really thought a lot.
Anchor: What is the most important to think about?
Liu Chuanjian: For the most time, I am thinking how to keep the plane well in the maximum effect. This is the duty as the captain. Do not let the plane fall, this is the most I think. Then I should try to ensure more people safety. That's what I thought.
Anchor: You mean you were preparing the bad result?
Liu Chuanjian: Yes, in fact, there was the idea. I had to prepare the bad side.
Anchor: What did you prepared the worst frightening situation?
Liu Chuanjian: At that time, I was really worried that loss of the plane before I had full control over the plane.
Anchor: If that happens, how can you ensure the safety and possibility to save people?
Liu Chuanjian: If I can't control the aircraft, I will try to do my best for it. If something bad really happens, it can't be imagined today.
Anchor: These five minutes should be a particularly tough in your life.
Liu Chuanjian: Yes, it's very torment. To tell the truth, there are still a lot of entanglements in the process, including the use of some of equipment later, in fact, I am very, very prudence.
Anchor: does prudence mean?
Liu Chuanjian: at that time, we had numerous faults in it, which were actually a very big test for me.
Narratage: At 07:11 in the morning of May 14th, the flight 3U8633 dropped from 32000 feet to 24000 feet.
Anchor: After five minutes, you said that the attitude of the aircraft has entered a relatively stable state. What do you want to do at this time?
Liu Chuanjian: Still operating the aircraft. I can let it go automatically as usual (My word: Liu means he want not to engage the AP). A relaxed aircraft may change a lot.
Anchor: But you realize the safer?
Liu Chuanjian: Yes, it's much safer. Once I felt the plane in my hand, it was a lot safer.
Anchor: Dis you have any communication with the FO?
Liu Chuanjian: At that time, I had communication with my second captain. The second captain came in timely, and he told me that the all passengers were safe.
Anchor: Did you hear his words by that time?
Liu Chuanjian: No. Actually, he didn't tell me with voice( due to the heavy wind noise). He gave me with hand language.
Anchor: Gestures?
Liu Chuanjian: Yes.
Anchor: What is this, OK?
Liu Chuanjian: This means our back is OK, that is our slang. The back mean the cabin, the passenger is OK.
Anchor: What is the reaction to your mind?
Liu Chuanjian: More excited. When he told me that fact, I thought I'd have to fly them back today and the idea is getting more firmed.
Anchor: Had that messenger have such a great power for you?
Liu Chuanjian: Most great power. All my career is that. I really do, I know, I know, every flight behind me is the passengers. Flying with them safely is my job. At any time, in any case, to ensure the safety of passengers and the safety of aircraft, as the captain, it is my primary responsibility, and I really do not think other too much. Every time you fly, you put this in front.
Anchor: More than 100 lives behind you.
Liu Chuanjian: Then countless families, and plus the related personnel. Even in the smallest A319, we fly in the three models, A321 may be about more than 190 people. At the most, the 319 model is 132. So, every time I fly, this is the one that emphasizes in my mind, and at any time I want to ensure that in my capacity. I should guarantee the safety of the passengers. This is what I should do. This is the captain's duty, en…it should be.