PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A319 FO windshield blowout
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 13:55
shimin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part VI: Why we need the old fashion of aviation, including the three-man crew
Anchor: Now you began to feel the low temperature?
Liu Chuanjian: It's getting cold, finally, my whole body is shaking (due to the cold). My second captain is keeping touch me with his hands, and he is encouraging me. When he touched me, he felt my body shaking. I know he is encouraging me, and I'm telling back him I am not in afraid of but just too cold.
Anchor: But you indeed feel that his way of doing that is a kind of encouragement to you, right?
Liu Chuanjian: It feels like the body is shaking, because it's cold. He stroked me and told me that people would feel better due to be touching. Therefore, he is keeping touch me with his hands.
Anchor: What about the copilot?
Liang Peng: Our copilot was injured; his body was injured. Meanwhile, he had nothing in front of him. He could really do little by that time.
(My understanding: Liang’s means FO couldn’t do any favors from soothe the captain to fly plane due to his conditions)
Anchor: So how do you place a copilot?
Liang Peng: I told him, 7700, I sent him to supervise, I let him have been responsible for 7700 recognition.
Anchor: 7700 talks?
Liang Peng: it's code of 7700. This is one of our transponders, because we didn't have a way to communicate. If the 7700 is keeping sending, the ground could see us, and we let everybody know we are in an emergency. But we were going to have to press it out for a while, let everybody knowing our situation. He was suck out and came back. At that time, he was with a little scared. Thus, one of my work is keeping pacify both of them. Liu was so cold. I kept touching him and touching his arms. I said we were good, we have no problem. One is the heat generated by friction, which is the same way to comfort our copilot. You were no problem. You were problem, too. That's all. That is what I am doing at that time.
Anchor: Is such a situation of the copilot, is there a seat or bunk for him?
Liang Peng: He sit on his seat.
Anchor: Sitting in the FO’s seat.
Liang Peng: Yes. I took the microphone and headphones of the captain side. I am keeping sending to the tower, to the ground for the whole time to report what we are going to do and where we are, but we cannot hear anything.
Anchor: Only be in one way transmission.
Liang Peng: Yes, that's what I call blind send. I express to the tower, what I am going to do now, and the they will do the rest, everything to save us.