PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 12:16
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from my first experience with Thomas Cook long-haul and I have to say it's really good value for money. This was a business / leisure trip to the West Coast MAN-LAX-MAN, outbound in Y class and back in PE. Both flights appeared to be full, certainly there were no spare seats in PE coming home overnight. It's also clear that this route is not just being used by UK-originating holidaymakers. There were plenty of Americans on board, and people making connections at MAN. Ground staff were calling out pax connecting on to Malpensa. What surprises me is that this route is so seasonal given the above. It has only just resumed for summer 18 and yet was sold out. I can't believe that the demand can just switch on at the start of May and off again in October. Surely it could run year-round and at a higher frequency in summer.

It's a shame that MT seem to have dropped JFK back to 6 weekly next summer in favour of a second CUN on Tuesday. JFK has been really strong and has a higher frequency this coming winter than last, so doesn't seem to make sense to reduce even slightly next summer, unless there are obligations to the in-house holiday arm.