PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renewing a CPL(A)
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 11:21
C.King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the replies (and apologies for the delay in responding, as I was out of the country for a time).

I intend to apply, following a period of training and test, via the UK, using Form SRG 1104. Once the licence is issued I will transfer to the IAA to hold everything under one authority. Hopefully they will accept my EASA Medical, although I am still concerned about that as in the 1104 para 3 it states:

A licence will not be issued to any person unless their medical records supporting their Part-MED medical certificate are held by an Aeromedical Centre located in the United Kingdom. European Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1178/2011 as amended, requires that an individual has all of their licences administered by the National Aviation Authority that holds their medical records (Part-MED.A.030 and Part-FCL.015).
This was the initial quandry as I cannot apply for a renewal in Ireland, for a licence issued in the UK, and getting a medical in the UK is a bit of a pain, as I've been told that as my last UK medical was >5 yrs O.O.D. (although I have held a valid class 1 in Ireland for the last 13 yrs) I would have to get a full initial Class 1 at a UK aeromedical centre. So I have my fingers crossed, especially as my only intention once the licence is issued is to transfer it immediately to the IAA.

I'll let you know if it works

Last edited by C.King; 20th May 2018 at 11:22. Reason: Missed a bit !