PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 3 crew long haul destinations this Summer
Old 20th May 2018, 10:16
Xulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really concerned.

To try to solve the pilot shortage, Emirates is attempting to recruit desperate guys from Venezuela who have a CPL only, poor English, zero experience of LVO/Winter Ops, some with no experience working at an airline, or flying a jet.

Emirates is willing to put them straight into an A380 - operating a 3 man 17hr FDP before disruption, to East Coast US during January Snowstorms, or over the Himalayas through the night to China. And they'll be watched over by a 30 year old ex-cadet Captain who may not have seen more than 1/2 de-icing in his life and has never flown a plane above 500ft.

Sensible decisions replaced by EPT searches. We already have to suffer some of these types - but the majority will be like this is the near future. I already have a list of laughable stories to tell; i'm tired of being 'diplomatic' in the flight deck.

With this workload, complacency has risen dramatically - not a good lesson for future captains. To survive these rosters, we need to be confident in each other's ability, not questioning it.

The total disregard for experience is alarming. They don't value pilots with 10k hours worldwide airline ops, anymore than a teenage crop duster from South America.

They don't even value their current employees anymore than this. You are just a staff number, and the person attached to it is irrelevant. They literally don't care, they'll find someone to keep the seat warm.

We've already come close to catastrophe several times in the last year, and they refuse to see the root cause of these rising incidents. Someone is going to plant an A380 with 600 pax - and it will all get blamed on the pilots expected to work and react flawlessly under these conditions, with no experience to fall back on.

Last edited by Xulu; 20th May 2018 at 10:53.