PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax forces his way onto MEL tarmac
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 02:58
UnderneathTheRadar
When you live....

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Agree it's entirely the world we live in where people are encouraged to believe that they are deserving, special and VIP - all in the interests of getting them to hand over more money. Its convinced the muppets of the world that they are actually somehow special and the rules don't apply to him.

Flew SYD-MEL Friday and the muppet next to me clearly felt the same. Didn't believe the requirement to put phones in flight mode applied to him (was frustrated when he lost service and was no longer able to flip between apps every 5 seconds in some maniacal way), somehow managed to have his music so loud via his own earphones that I needed to get my earplugs out (even on climb) and didn't believe the seatbelt sign applied to him - cast it off whilst still on the high-speed taxiway after landing.

I reckon if CASA wanted to get a PR win from 95% of travelling passengers, they'd do a quick compliance check of phones after takeoff and seatbelts on taxi-in. Airlines would be able to stay arms length ("it was CASA, nothing to do with us") and maybe the travelling public would start paying attention to rules that might just save them when the time came....

/rant off