PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Min fuel on arrival
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2018, 13:39
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chesty Morgan
Pineteam that is the US definition for declaring low fuel. In ICAO you shall declare an emergency when your useable fuel on landing is calculated as less than FRF.

In your scenario any delay should not mean you are into your final reserve fuel. It could mean that you are using your alternate fuel.

Minimum planned and calculated en route fuel for arrival IS FRF plus ALT. However, it is perfectly acceptable and legal to continue to destination if your calculated fuel is less than FRF plus ALT.

Hi Chesty Morgan,
Where you talking about US rules? I'm sorry I'm not familiar about US regulations.
What I said above is according to ICAO rules
From ICAO Annex 4444: Air Traffic Management.
-Minimum fuel: The term used to describe a situation in which an aircraft's fuel supply has reached a state where the flight is committed to land at a specific aerodrome and no additional delay can be accepted.

-The declaration of minimum fuel informs ATC that all planned aerodrome options have been reduced to a specific aerodrome of intended landing and any change to the existing clearance may result in landing with less than planned final reserve fuel. This is not an emergency situation but an indication that an emergency situation is possible should any additional delay occur.

Last edited by pineteam; 19th May 2018 at 13:51. Reason: typo