PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2018, 13:18
yeoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack the rabbit
Hi Yeoman

I read this thread from the start and noticed a couple of years back you posted different sentiments. Has working there changed in the last couple of years (Thom to Tui) or have you just got wracked off with it? Genuine question in case it reads as sarky (it’s not meant if it does). What you describe does sound quite full on for one trip.

Thanks.
No problem.

It’s a lot of the former and a fair bit of the latter. I don’t know what duties the Happy Squad are flying but my earlier post stems from my increasing frustration at having to sort loads of stuff that needs sorting because others have failed to do it. As a pilot I expect to manage wrinkles down route, it’s part of my job but I’m now managing routine stuff that should be being done and it’s starting to distract me from my real role, keeping it safe.

As for the eternal SH / LH debate, I’m happy enough on the Plastic Fantastic as it’s a nice aircraft to fly and suits a lazy git like me. It’s all the other crap that irks me, crap that could be got rid of if we invested some time, effort and cash in doing it properly rather than relentlessly looking for cost savings in one area that inevitably end up costing somewhere else. In short, I’m tired of picking up the bits. I also think SH is even worse, I’ve had a few health issues and been clearly told that the SH roster was not doing me any favours; apart from anything else, the sheer ergonomic stupidity of the 737 was ruining me!

i also like summer leave and for me, the 787 offers the opportunity for me to get away with my school age kids. I’ll put up with a lot to get that but it also begs the question why as a “family friendly” employer I had to make such a decision in the first place.

As for the oblique reference to “my position”, I’m giving that up too. I’m tired of people sniping who don’t have the pods to stick their heads above the parapet. The nomination process starts in a few days and I look forward to reading a load of manifestos from people who can clearly do a better job of it. I learnt to deal with disappointment a long time ago.....

As for the original question, yep, there would be someone in my seat before it was even cold if I left and yep, there are some good parts to the job, it’s just we seem to expend so much effort on making life difficult for no real gain when actually a little bit of effort would have so much positive effect.

Back in my box I go.