PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 20:44
ClearLand08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pier B

I think some people might be judging Pier B a bit too harshly and as AvGeek1 points out, this is a low cost airport. I took a wander to the new pier whilst waiting for a flight today and took the following pics.

This is the link between the main terminal and Pier B, looking backwards towards the main terminal

This is the departure corridor in the link, looking towards Pier B. To the left of the glass panels is the arrivals corridor.
The finishing quality in the link is not bad at all and (to the delight of some people here! has a proper ceiling

This is the view at the end of the link as you turn left and get to Pier B itself. Toilets are on the left, with stairs and escalator down to gates 40 - 43 (busses for South Stands) and straight on for gates 30 - 33. The numbering makes sense (30s for upstairs and 40s for downstairs).

The downstairs gates, with busses waiting on the right

These are the upstairs boarding gates to the East Apron. There are in fact loads of seats, although I can't help think they are wasted here since most people will only be in this pier when the flight is boarding and they are queuing at the gate. Finishing is simple but OK.

The end of Pier B where there are another set of toilets. And no, the signs on the toilets are not crooked, they are designed like that (and look better in person!)

The view back down the pier. Whilst you can't see out the windows on the left, which will overlook the DART station construction, there is plenty of light from the windows on the right overlooking the Eastern Apron.

Reverse view at the start of the pier. There are indeed no flight information screens in any part of the pier or the link at the moment... only the gate signs. I would imagine this has to change.