PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dambusters last night
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 10:48
Heathrow Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dambusters last night

Anyone see the special from the Royal Albert Hall?

The Family Harry got the staff to bring round the coach & 4 and we headed to our nearest moving picture house to watch

The Royal Albert Hall part was OK with one or two interesting bits - tho if Dan Snow mentioned his TV Channel or the DVD one more time I think I'd have left

The movie, cleaned up, and on a big screen was terrific........ far better than I remembered and light years ahead of the flickering TV screen versions

One of the younger Harry's observed how amazing it was to see an action film which had NO secondary luvv interest and no shots of "good germans" or even "bad germans". And not even a single shot of worthy, but oppressed and defiant, Dutch Burghers looking up from their daily tasks to watch Our Boys shoot by at 10 ft. And the movie buffs spent the whole trip home pointing out where it had influenced every future film involving aerial combat. A great evening out!!

The place was pretty full - tho Lady Harry thought they'd missed a trick by not having a collection afterwards at each cinema