PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2018, 07:15
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The majority of people DON’T want to fly to or from Heathrow that is pure rhetoric!
I work with people from all over Europe and they all prefer to fly from LHR. When the new links are in place then it will be even more so.

As prophead manages to spout an extra-oadinairy amount of rubbish and copious amounts of CO2 I wondered if he could provide us with an expert view on how best to solve this problem.
A bit rich coming from someone who thinks LHR is an inconvenience for Crossrail. The short answer is you move it.

It is no good just coming up with obstacle after obstacle against LHR and pretending Gatwick expansion is the better option. Gatwick serves the package holiday industry and low cost flights. It caters for those in the far south & south east well. For scheduled airlines however it has always been the second option and will continue to be once the better connections go to LHR.

​​​​​​​ If my memory serves me right, the airport commission seriously underestimated the number of passengers using Gatwick now and in the future.
The Gatwick figures are in part driven by overspill from Heathrow that has been moved there due to capacity.

I really do think we need to expand both airports. The only hub option however is LHR.