PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Auto pilot use
Thread: Auto pilot use
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 23:18
robmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well spotted Blue Eagle.....

However, I guess you have never had the misfortune to hire some of the cr#p which is out there.....and believe me it is.

Of course it is always "airworthy" upon departure, and I kid you not, my little picture painted there is actually a conglomerate of problems that I have had to deal with on "airworthy" aircraft rented to me by highly recommended organisations.

I actually ended up giving up and buying my own aircraft after trying lots of different places and getting tired of these money grabbing, maintenance averse fuc8wits trying to kill me.

Of course if I was to learn at the hands of a high tech, fast track, money no object airline programme, and then find myself in the right seat of a money no object aircraft with everything but the flying done by some other flunkey, I wouldn't have had to put up with it would I.

My point is that there are an awful lot of spoiled people out there..

Anyway Eagle, I had you down for a pompous a55, but your last line saved you

Sh1t!!! I just noticed where you are from, and had to comment further. The aircraft I purchased was a VH with a brand new annual and "400 hour" Hawker re-mans. I had to do US30K work on it before it was safe to put on the N register.

Not only was much of the maintenance unsafe, some of it was actually highly illegal......and what did the CASA cartel have to say about it, not too much, just some whingeing pom who doesn't know the score, she'll be right mate...

Most frightening thing of all, it used to be an RPT aircraft !!!

So my friend from the land of OZ, I am sure with your experience and standing in the OZ aviation community, theres a lot of safety issues to get cracking with at home.