PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your company Airbus checklist variations
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 18:07
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad
I must admit i’m Not sure which philosophy I like best.. I went from a read and do on everything to the flow then check methodology on the Boeing which I like. There are a few checks however I wouldn’t mind going away.

The point that interested me however was about the hours of the crew. More and more these days checklists and SOP’s appear to be designed for the lowest common denominator in the cockpit. 200 hr cadets out of flight school which is becoming more and more common in EU airlines, both LOCO and legacy. While it would be lovely to design SOP and flows for such experienced crew I am not sure which airlines left are able to plan on that.
On the Boeing we pretty much used OEM procedures as far as i know, flow/area of responsibility and then check. A tad more quiet than boeing wanted, but still around 95% of the OEM stuff.

Well, the high hours was mostly caused by shrinking instead of growing, and yes, we still took in cadets from our own flight school with roughly 100 hours on real planes (MPL) and around 200 hours in simulators. In general surprisingly good pilots despite the low hours. Of course it did help that manual flight/thrust and no flight director was actively encouraged and routinely done in normal line operation, and of course it was mandatory during line training at some point.