PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair-2
Thread: Wizzair-2
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 17:50
ajamieson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At LTN it seems intense pressure is put on the poor handling agents at Swissport who often have to greet or dispatch several aircraft in a matter of minutes. In the evenings you will see groups of forlorn pax stuck at the bottom of the gates having been "boarded" in the system but not actually boarded on the aircraft. I understand why, but it's grimmer than Ryanair at STN and that's saying something. Wizzair offers the only evening ex-London departures to many destinations (and the only ex-London departures full stop to others) so it knows it can get away with this.

I notice it has also reintroduced the 1-hour-delay gamble on its website, where if you pay an extra £10 or so you get £100 back if you're an hour late. It takes a genius to make ancillary revenue out of delays! It goes without saying that Wizzair is more likely to make money from this than its customers; last year I flew 11 W6 sectors; only 2 were on time, and the *average* delay on the other 9 was 25 minutes. Welcome to Luton, where you can consistently run late and make even more money!