PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-LBY Skippers C-441
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 13:13
AbsoluteFokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ixixly
Interesting suggestion there AbsoluteFokker, that would be a heck of a growth would it not? Is this you postulating based on other incidents or is this something you've heard come out during this particular investigation?
Yes - it's a heck of a growth. Only what I hear third-hand about this incident. Not directly corroborated, so is it's still rumour until we see the report. Apparently an isolated fungal incident, and therefore rather unexpected, but given the severity of the outcome (total power loss) I'm sure there'll be some additional checks recommended by ATSB for Jet-A1 aircraft in the tropics.

From my own perspective on previous posts to this thread: If crew ignored any fuel warning lights either because they were instructed/suggested to do so and didn't write it up in the MR then that's a cause for concern, but, again, might not indicative of a company-wide issue at all.

I've owned aircarft with certain characteristics that might seem abnormal to others (e.g. nose wheel/tail wheel shimmy, especially at higher-than-normal ground speeds) but not enough to write up on a MR, so it's a fine line.

Maybe one day we'll have a pilots-and-engineers-only "gripe sheet" for issues that the pilot doesn't think warrant an MR entry (the PIC may be wrong on this) but at least it can get reviewed. Swiss cheese and all that. Might save a job or two as well.

Last edited by AbsoluteFokker; 17th May 2018 at 14:24.