PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does the RAF still have an all-weather capability?
Old 17th May 2018, 09:34
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Yep, don't get me wrong, I am posting the comments I heard frequently during the day over this farce, and some were a lot more vocal, the fact the dams are in a technology blackspot with no mobiles or internet didn't help as people had to rely on the information being handed out incorrectly, but either way it was without doubt a total RAF PR disaster...

Myself I decided to go because it was somewhere close by that I hadn't visited and it gave me the excuse to pop along and photograph the area, which is what I did, it taught me however that if they ever managed to do it again to take the 70-200 2.8 and not the 100-400 lens as from the position we were the lens was to long to get the aircraft over the dam, either that or take my second body along with a 24-105 on it as it might be better.

The fact the Typhoon FGR4 is being touted as the RAF's new mudmover seems to be at odds with " renders Typhoon superbly equipped for all aspects of air operations" unless that is in the ****ty wet and cloud covered countryside that the covers most of Europe and beyond. It seems strange to build a warplane that cannot operate in what would be its primary theatre.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/aircraft/typhoon-fgr4/

Last edited by NutLoose; 17th May 2018 at 11:36.