PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 17th May 2018, 01:05
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Seagull201
Thanks for the feedback Safe landings, it's much appreciated.

Great to hear you expect to be returning soon and have a job lined up with another operator,
also good to hear you can return to the current operator.

When you come back to OZ, may i suggest you contact Flight Experience in Sydney (darling harbour),
if you're from Syd, or your capital city Flight experience centre and do at least 10 hours with an instructor in the
B737800 fixed base simulator.

In Sydney the instructor is an airline Captain, he can assist you in the transition to airline jet flying,
Flight Exp. also conduct MCC (multi crew co-ordination training in the B7378 sim)
Check the website on google.

Also, have a look at this website, angle of attack B737 training.com or
737NGXtraining.com , it's a US website.
I'm aware you're not going to fly a B7378 but an Emb175/Emb145/CRJ900/CRJ200,
one of them, the website has excellent explanation of the glass cockpit, which is the
same for all aircraft.
Parts of the video ground school may assist you with your assigned aircraft studies.

Have a look at it and see what you think.

Another thing, it could be an idea to be familiar with the ATC read backs, they talk over there
quite fast and ATC is dealing with so many aircraft each minute, and from what i seen on the internet,
a person has to readback ten lines without error.
Just watch any kingair or Cessna mustang flight, posted on youtube.

Get yourself prepared for next time.
I'm sure you will do quite well.

Just had a quick read of the thread. This is very good advice. I hired the QF sim and used the old flight sim software B737 at the time. I use NGX for my recurrent sims. Certainly not perfect but does help. I nailed the interview sim, it was perfect I couldn't believe it.