PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how acurate are flight radar sites
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018, 20:51
bristol brabazon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how acurate are flight radar sites

A neighbour of mine has a dispute with Easy Jet with regards to a delayed flight and a claim for compensation.
The flight,Ezy6290 was due to depart from Sazburg Airport at 17.10 UTC on the 17th of Febuary 2018 landing at Bristol Airport at 19.15 UTC on the same day.
The flight actually took off at 22.25 on the same day which at that point 3 hours 10 minuites later than scheduled.
According to Easy jet the flight landed at BRS at 22.12 and arrived (that is to say doors open) at 22.16.
By that calculation the flight was delayed by 2 hours and 56 minutes.
Compensation is only payable after a 3 hour or longer delay.
My neighbour tried to get a landing time from Bristol Airport staff but they said due to data protection act,they couldn't divulge that.
I've had a look on one of the flight radar sites .the flight,tagged as esy82ut at 22.12 was still in the air and did not appear to land until 22.16 and taxied on to stand at 22.20
On this basis the flight delay is 3.00 hours.
Under normal circumstances I would advise my neighbour that the stated time given by easy jet are probably accurate and to accept defeat.,But in this case there are a couple of errors on the defence statement paperwork that indicate that the times given may not be bang on the money.
In the section headed, Preliminary, It states that the flight operated during the summer months;therefore UTC was 1 hour less than British Summer time and 2 hours less than European Summer time.
In the section headed the Case. It refers to the flight as taking place on the 17th Febuary 2017.
In the section headed Agreed Facts. It refers to.
The flight was delayed arriving at LPL.
In its self you could argue that these are only minor errors but I do tend to find these sorts of errors can be indicative of less than thorourgh research.
I would be grateful if those of you with more technical knowledge than I could advise me and therefore my neighbour if his is a lost cause or if he has a case to argue.