PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 21:13
Rumours everywhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GASH BAG AIRWAYS... your comment... oh and yeah they also wanna start deducting oney from our comission for discrepencies in the bar ....and be prepared to have your property searched at anytime by a member of staff...although this applies only to cabin crew not flight deck even though flightdeck are the ones who are closest to the bars when anattended...(not implying that flightdeck to anything) just pointing out only crew have been advised of searches not flightdeck....we all work on the same plane different rules apply ....

Maybe you should join a union which will fight your case... we flightdeck have, and they are fighting it for us... GB have always insisted that flightdeck AND cabin crew should be searched. The trouble with the cabin crew, is that they are all mouth, and not willing to do anything about it! The choice is yours! We have done something about it, you have not... this is why there is a disparity.

BUTTERCUP... your comment... Maybe they should think about direct entry AP or Purser i am sure that there are a few good ones out there that would give some a run for your money!

To be honest... that will not work with the present recruitment team... look at the crap we have at LHR now! (Sorry guys... it is true... you scare me! Not only for the reputation of this airline, but also my safety. And your attitutudes are astounding, especially the newbies.)

Hopefully now that JG is about to depart things will get real again. As far as internal promotions go... who knows. If the company REALLY wants to see things change, then we MUST have someone from outside, who is totally unbiased. Promoting people like Myra will only make things worse... and it is people like her (and the rest of them) that have made it what this airline is today... I hope they are proud of their spectacular contribution to the demise of GB as it was.

It truly breaks my heart to see what was one of the best UK airlines turn into one of the worst. Everything being done on the cheap, unrealistic management that think you are completely stupid and don't believe you can see what they are hiding, and the Gaggero's... they probably don't have a clue what it is really like, as I am sure they are not told.

Why don't ALL levels work together to make this airline what it was. A superb airline, with unbelievably high morale, respect from your managers (and vice versa), and all in all, great fun.

THAT is what will start bringing the money back to this airline. With frontline staff that are proud and happy, and every cog behind the scences working smoothly in support of each other.