PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ppl instructing
Thread: ppl instructing
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018, 07:54
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An FI without CPL TK can teach only for LAPL and NIght.

Everything else you do is done under different ratings. You are false advertising what FI without CPL TK can do and muddying the waters with the additional stuff you do. I am glad you have a niche that works for you but misleading people into thinking that a FI with CPL TK is a viable way to make a living is wrong.

I am speaking as the Head of Training of a large school and someone who holds all the qualifications you do and many more. We NEVER teach ab initio LAPL courses. We NEVER teach ab initio NPPL courses. Both are routes historically for people converting licences and are rare. The core of our business is PPL, CPL, ME, IR and Class and Type Ratings. So the only thing an FI without CPL TK could do for me is teach a night Rating. Which means they have no chance of getting a job with us. There may be a few nich operators out there that could use such a limited rating but encouraging people to undertake an expensive course with little chance of work at the end is wrong.

All of your extra teaching qualifications also come at significant cost in terms of gaining the experience to teach them and the additional courses needed. None of that comes with a LAPL restricted FI.

So no no we can’t agree to disagree because I believe you are being dishonest with your answers in relation to the original question.