PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A319 FO windshield blowout
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018, 00:59
shimin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: Hero captain’s wife: Hope there will be no heroes needed in China’s civil aviation.
"We still hope that there will be no heroes in CAAC. After all, safety is the most important. The hero shows a special thing." On the afternoon of 15, later 2 o'clock, Zou Han said in an exclusive interview with China News Network at her home in Chongqing. At this time, his husband Liu Chuanjian as "hero captain" is still hotly praised and celebrated nationwide.
"When he was landing at Chengdu, I called him. He replied that he was busy. " Zou Han told the reporter that until the early morning of today, the husband was free to call her to ensure her that he was not injured. But he didn't let her go to Chengdu to meet him.
"I'm not very worried about him. He has been flying in the AF and Sichuan Airlines for many years. I really believe in his technology. His character is calm and steady." Zou Han pointed that he has flown every top plateau and high-high plateau route, including Lhasa, Daocheng, Kangding and other top plateau airports. As a flight instructor, he has done a lot of emergency training,including window shield bursting since his AF pilot career.
Liu Chuanjian exercises every day and runs in the community. "I joked, you don't have to go." He said that takes him to fly on the high plateau. Zou Han said he was lucky this time. "The aero chart shows that the aircraft is still near Chengdu. If the plane had entered the high-high plateau, it would be very difficult." Zou made her comments.
Sister Liu Chuanping said that their father was a worker in Chongqing cement factory and mother was a farmer. The family had two daughters and one son. When the elder uncle passed away so early, his parents brought up the three kids of the uncle's family. With six children in the family, the family burden was so heavy. Liu Chuanjian helped his parents since as a child. "The children who grew up in the countryside knew hard, so he cherished the career of the pilot." Sister Liu Chuanping said.
Born in 1972, Liu Chuanjian spent time of elementary school and junior high school in in this rural town. In Liu Chuanping's memory, her younger brother did homework so quickly and always got the top ranking. In the early 1990s, he was admitted to the AF flight academy. After graduated from the academy in 1995, Liu Chuanjian stayed in the school as the flight instructor for ten years, and then entered Sichuan Airlines. (My words: In China, only the best students can stay in school as teachers). Zou Han said that her husband was a simple man. No smoke, drink, play cards and majiang. He only drink tea, reading and do gardening at home.
Both husband and wife's careers are in the industry. There are two plane models on the side of TV in the living room. The bookcase is also full of Liu Chuanjian's notes and aviation books, such as "air transport services in the remote areas", "world aviation safety and accident analysis", and Chesley Sallenberg's "Highest Duty". "We both read carefully the Highest Duty." (my words: This book is translated into Chinese version by Mr. Yang, the retired director general of civil aviation administration. Mr. Yang is a senior chief pilot himself). Because of career, Zou has seen many plane-crash movies. As for the offical announcement that this landing is going to be made into a movie, "in my personal opinion, we still hope that there will be no heroes needed in China civil aviation." She made her comments. “We need more cautious and no small matter in the public safety”.
(Please forgive my poor English)

Last edited by shimin; 16th May 2018 at 01:20.