PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your company Airbus checklist variations
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 16:16
Smooth Airperator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your company Airbus checklist variations

A previous operator had no checklists in the air. No After Takeoff/Climb checklist and no Approach checklist. The Landing checklist was 2 items from memory and the After Landing checklist was completely silent. I think the logic was to concentrate on flying because with ATC interruptions and busy airspace, checklists might be the cause of errors instead of being helpful in catching them out (controversial I agree).

I don't ever recall an incident where any item was missed as a result of the above variation. The SOP worked very well and we relied on flows and monitoring of each other to do the job. Critical mistakes would always be caught by the system (The Third Monitor). The Before Start checklist was also abbreviated and I recall the ADIRS check being removed. It would be interesting to see how your company has varied the Airbus (narrowbody) checklist too.

Also, are there any items in any of the checklists which appear superfluous to you as a pilot? and that can be easily caught by ECAM alerts/messages on the PFD/ND?

Thanks