PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 13:56
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz - Reykjavik/Keflavik Service

There was talk on here a few weeks ago about Wizz competing with EZY on this new route they have launched in the last few weeks, so just giving my feedback/observations, having flown this route with them this weekend.

Going out last Friday, the flight was around 80% full... Mainly British and a few East Europeans on the route, going to Iceland for a holiday. Also a few Icelandics too, as was sat next to one on the outbound flight, and we got chatting and how they visit London, to come shopping and pick up what in their eyes are bargains, compared to Iceland's prices!

Coming back yesterday, the flight was atleast 90% full.

While load factors and just flying the route once in each direction is no scientific sign of how the route is performing for Wizz, it is a good indicator and they seem to be doing quite well!

When I booked, fares were very similar to easyJet. But as I am taking advantage of my Wizz Discount membership for the year and flogging it like a dead horse, it worked out around £20 cheaper.

It did seem strange arriving at Keflavik within 10-15 minutes of the easyJet flight from LTN...

Even though Keflavik airport is empty at around 9am when the Wizz and easyJet flights arrive (as all the WOW and Iceland Air flights have departed by that time for Europe), Wizz still choose to use a remote stand, while easyJet use the air bridges. So factor that in, if you find buses to the aircraft a pain up you know where!