PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas ...was it blackmail?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 13:37
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
I don’t think it’s that simple.Someone is legally operating an aircraft, there are passengers onboard, gas- turbine running in the tail, on duty cabin crew manning doors, avtur flowing into the wings etc, PIC responsible for the well-being of pax and crew, I doubt the law recognises the authority of Jo Bloggs to park a Ute in the way of that aircraft but I might be wrong.
If it does, is it the security guard who is now responsible for the crew and pax? Or the PIC who is being thwarted in his/ her attempts to operate the aircraft as they see fit?If a private Airport executive can use physical obstruction to get money out of another party does that mean Telstra can block you in your driveway if you’re late on your bill? Is that what we’re about in Australia now? Or do you think perhaps they should pursue the issue in a different ( some would say more civilised) manner? Maybe through one of the many legal avenues set up for the purpose? One of the legal avenues that sets good countries apart from the also- rans?