PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK storing Aircraft at DWC
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 01:38
gtaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to bird strike and sops...

my suggestion to those contemplaring leaving is think ahead there is a lot of work to be done. A lot of recruiters not necessarily limited to Chinese recruiters do require a mountain of paperwork. Sometimes letter from chief pilot is required for position held, hours on type, hours in log book stamped and license verification, no incidence/ accidents letter from licensing authority GCAA. This is why one must always keep a paper logbook, paper copy of opc, lpc and biannual sim check documents. Other documents like upgrades courses type ratings courses also. The criminal record check within last six months is a must and medical records with all reports of conditions medications etc at hand. Generally the older you are the more documents required.

as you will realise the above list is quite long but it is by no means exhaustive. it is obvious that a lot of pilots are too settled in their jobs to worry about keeping their personal documents in order or even updated regularly. Airline roster and work pattern will mean most pilots are too fatigued when finishing duty to chase afterdocuments on days off let alone have time to schedule and attend interview. If by some luck they do manage to Succeed and get things done then there is the problem of getting away for the sim and interview most likely abroad somewhere. They will have call in sick to do it. It’s all a vicious circle need to be ready fo break it and implement plan B before your health really suffers. Unfortunately some pilots don’t even realise they are within dangerous envelope until it’s too late. Personaly for me it’s a no brainer now is the best Time to find another position the pilot market is so buoyant it would be criminal not to be ready and explore other opportunities. But guys sorry for ranting on anyway my two fils worth...