PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why would you want to come to CX?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2018, 01:17
Avinthenews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've recently spoken to a couple of shiny jet widebody wannabes and even after explaining all the pitfalls some of which they had no idea about (2 X S/Os = 4-5 years / no window time being useless etc) and still at the end both said exactly the same thing "oh I'd still like to join"

Grindstone in your honest opinion is there anything that would have deterred you? Do you look back and see any point where you doubted your decision to continue the application? Or is it simply the need to see it for yourself do you think?

I was told over 20 years ago don't join, the writing is on the wall ('89 was the change) the company had changed but l still joined some years later, and now the seniority handcuffs are well and truly on. I'm actively working out when I can afford to go to the bottom of a new seniority list. Obviously life events mostly due to HK have thrown a few curve balls so I could be financially better off. Without seniority I would have left ages ago like many non aviation friends who can move around feely and can spend their career moving from company to company with no financial loss, usually a financial gain with each move.

Personally nothing will stop them coming and the 5 year SO is a genius stroke by the company the lack of window time will mean the hours are useless and the seniority cuffs will be taking hold after the 1000+ hours have finally been gained.

Good luck to you grindstone and please report back in the future wherever that may be.