PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 14th May 2018, 23:22
Safe Landings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is great to see that US regionals are working for most Aussies. A very small percentage of Aussies are not getting through training due to a variety of reasons. I happened to be one of them. For Aussies who are heading for US - have back up plans and money. Under E3 visa you can stay in US for up to 60 days after you get dismissed. I rang USCIS after this happened. You can do touristy things or look for another job. If you do get another airline job, there is a cost of another visa, TSA, perhaps you need to go to Canada, Mexico or back to Australia to apply for a new E3 visa. I was not allowed to apply for new E3 from US or transfer my current E3 visa to another employer. Also have finances enough to pay rent, flight back to Australia unless booked return flights from OZ. The airline will expect you to vacate from hotel in 24 hours so always have back ups of where you will live unless you elect to come home. Airbnb was great. Although I did not get through training, I have no regrets because it was a great experience and US Regionals are working for most people. Please do not be put off by this post US Regionals are great. Just be prepared financially just in case it does not work out.

Safe Landings