PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 22:46
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I travel up New Airport Way and want to pass to the left of the Holiday Inn I use the middle lane as per the road markings. 50% of drivers don't so I often get hooted at by those that have not turned left and are using the left hand lane to carry on.

This takes us to the new drop off zone where for the best of intentions and to stop cars having to cross the paths of cars leaving each drop off lane, traffic has to enter the lanes on the wrong side of the road, go to the end, do a very tight 180 and then travel down the other side also on the wrong side of the road before exiting the lane and rejoining the ring road either to try another drop off lane or continue on the ring road to the pay barrier. These drop off lanes are marked with road arrows the same way as New Airport Way.

Just wondering how many drivers will travel around the drop off lanes on the left hand side of the road which is actually the wrong side of the road? Also the turn into the first drop off lane is incredibly tight and makes the 180 turn for the existing drop off zone seem like a gentle curve. I am also thinking that most cars will enter the first drop off lane and ignore the other 4.

Last edited by LTNman; 14th May 2018 at 23:08.