PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 21:59
Tagron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC3 Dave

It was not my intention to call your views fantasy, nor did I use that word. All I was trying to do was to remind people that there are positive developments in the short term, minor maybe but enough to maintain the recent positive momentum, which seems in contrast to the pessimistic outlook expressed in your posts.

As to how much store we should place by Warwick Brady's recently published interview, always assuming he was quoted accurately, all I would say is that I find it most unlikely that Stobart would carry out any precipitous move that would would harm the airport's development. "Not a long term holder" gives plenty of leeway for them carry on expanding the SEN operation if they so wished. This could conceivably even increase its attractiveness to a potential purchaser if the network matures successfully..

Let us not forget that only eighteen months ago they were prepared to sell out to City Jet in return for which City Jet were to base aircraft at SEN. Also that Stobart Air is more about DUB than SEN encompassing as it does the Aer Lingus Regional franchise and the Flybe IoM ACMI contract, about 15 aircraft at DUB as opposed to 5 at SEN.