PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETGO Airlines to launch Brisbane-Karratha-Singapore services
Old 14th May 2018, 20:56
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
Whilst I agree with the thrust of your argument that a "good" company will look after and invest in their employees, I cannot agree with your maths.
Can you explain how you came up with $100K cost of a plot leaving if the replacement pilot pays for their type rating as well?
Yes of course. New pilot finishes type rating. Employer now pays for travel and accomodation to Europe for company conversion, again for the cyclic in 6 months, employee on full salary, uniform, etc. The company now is also repaying the type rating loan back. Next comes the inefficient utilisation of the asset whilst company ground courses are completed and these cost money and line training. Now the newish pilot leaves for Virgin or Qantas as they never intended to be loyal to the company as the company wasn't to them, and the cycle repeats. The issue now is this short minded inefficient business practice leaves big gaps between recruiting and training a new pilot and as these aircraft sit on the ground with noone to fly them, the company loses money and the customer. 100K was a ball park based on my 35 years plus in industry involved in these studies worldwide. Usually it costs the company more.
'Treat Your People Well, and They Will Run The Company For You'. Yes a quote from Branson and this is right on the money

Last edited by "Littlebird"; 14th May 2018 at 23:32.