PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A40-AB VC-10
Thread: A40-AB VC-10
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 20:31
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhieminga
At the time when the VC10 landed, in 1987, the museum wasn't yet open for business and access to the site was more strictly controlled. Also, the presence of personal video cameras wasn't yet as normal as would have been some years later. The footage that was shot was produced professionally and is held by the museum. I would suggest getting a copy of the first DVD I linked to, you'll be sponsoring the museum as well and there is plenty of interesting stuff on it.
I've now purchased a copy of the Avion DVD. Much of the older, historic footage used is of better quality than I'd expected, and there's a lot of it. I'll buy the Brooklands Museum one next time I'm there.
G-ASIX/A4O-AB's sister ship, G-ASIW, is shown in the original BUA livery in 1964, taxiing and taking off on Rwy 09 (now 08R) at Gatwick - footage taken from a helicopter.**
The Brooklands final return is brief, consisting of a "clean" fly-by and the landing from about 100ft height to the end of the landing run. Nicely handled. Reasonable quality footage.

** Did my base training 6 or 7 years later on the same a/c and runway...

Last edited by Chris Scott; 14th May 2018 at 20:53.