PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tnt/Asl airlines belgium
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 11:11
jflyerm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Le Bigleux
Hello folks,

I went to the two first steps. Unfortunately I under performed at the technical questions during the interview so I didn't pass.

Nothing much to add about the first step, there are twenty questions straight from the "Ace" book. It's not a traditional multiple-choice questionnaire, you have to write an answer. It seems they are different questionnaires with some variations. Here are those I remember:

What is a flat-rated engine?
What is the relationship between stall speed and weight?
What are the three purposes of spoilers?
What is a stopway?
What is Vmca?

Describe the four segments of a take-off (twin engine)
Basic QNH calculation (QFE 980 hPa at an airfield at 200m AMSL: what is the approximate QNH?)
Ten abbreviations to explain: PBN, MOCA, REIL, NADP, RNP, ETOPS, TCAS, FADEC, ...
Some SIGWX symbols to explain
What is the minimum fuel required to dispatch an aircraft?
METAR to decode
Take-off separation in minutes, from the same point and from an intermediate point
What is a great circle track?
Explain a hold entry
What are the ISA condtions at sea level?
What are the two types of taxiway lightings?

What is a clearway?
What is Vmcg?
What is the most efficient system for stopping at high speed?

Then I was invited to the interview. The HR part was classical: introduction, why a cargo airline, what is your plan to commute, etc.
Then, the technical questions. Boy, was I bad that day. There was a white board and they asked me to use it to answer the questions. As I remember:
- you go around at minimums after a CAT I approach. You climb following the standard missed approach gradient. What is your elevation after 10 NM? (hint: 2,4%, don't forget to add the DH)
- you fly straight to a VOR, heading 220°. You are asked to hold on radial 280 (standard hold). What is the type of entry into the hold? (I'm afraid I mixed up the radial with the inbound track)
- what is the landing climb gradient on a twin-engine? What is the associated airplane configuration? Same question for an approach climb.
- what is RVSM?

Basically nothing difficult. Just make sure to review the performance chapter.

Oh, also I suggest you spare some time to visit Liège. I enjoyed it

thank you for your information, did everyone applied for the 737 or the 747?