PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 19:35
EagleA25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Originally Posted by Cak
... nobody can force you to fly above the limits or to use your discretion if you don’t want to do it. They can try, but as a captain you can and should decline it

Actually, they can... not sure if you’re flying in Vietnam Airlines, but the FOM clearly states that the VP of Operations can order any extension necessary for the continuance of the operation. I’ve seen those authorisations in the Hanoi Briefing Room, they have then pre-signed there; blank checks lying around...

In reference to your “augmented Crew”: where is it allowed on the Narrow body to do so? Your third-world-country business class seat in the A321is NOT approved by the CAAV as an apropriate rest place. It is neither isolated nor adequate.
I personally brought this subject up with my Broker, and after months being ignored I sent an email to the fleet manager himself. Same resonse as my broker! None
You want to discuss legality of a communist led company owned by a communist country? Legality is the least of their worries; we are defined mercenaries, we might as well break the rules for THEM, because following SOP’s strictly at VNA requieres absolute flexibility...
Everyone talks about it, everyone here knows it, and even my own layer told me, the reenforced crew procedure at VNA is both illegal AND unsafe, but it makes them rich, Expats are expendable, so no one cares about your legality here, unless they get another event, and then the Expat has to go...

Last edited by EagleA25; 13th May 2018 at 19:36. Reason: Bad grammar...