PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United customer service strikes again
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 17:06
finfly1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging from the comments both here, and on other websites where so-called "news" stories allow readers to comment, it is apparent that a great many people have latched onto the idea that currently...inconsiderate, boorish, offensive, sometimes illegal, sometimes unsanitary and always thoughtless behavior, when questioned by anyone, will be deemed to be racist and therefore invalid.

What would be welcome indeed, would be that time when the media also realizes that they are taking idiotic, biased, slanted positions and giving publicity to people who are sometimes, maybe even often, just trash and looking for a quick easy payday. Failing that, moderate, non-hysterical, objective reporting of facts would be a welcome switch.

Not too awful long ago (well, when 777's were new), I flew from Newark to Dubai to Kuala Lumpur in a window seat. One of the most beautiful women I've ever flown with was seated beside me shortly thereafter, but before i could even say hello, my eyes began to water, and before a half hour had passed, was desperately asking the flight attendant if there were any empty seats ANYWHERE aboard to which I could switch. She understood without asking the need, but said that it was a totally full flight. Small wonder, as it was about five cents a mile. Race had NOTHING to do with my distress at sharing space with someone whose every movement made my eyes water again and have to fight a gag reflex. I could not begin to even try the inflight meal. And she was gorgeous!