PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF missing a trick?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 13:11
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Heathrow Harry
these days they'd probably get a better response showing drone operators and people working on decent trades.. 99% of people don't think they'd qualify for aircrew anyway

Sell quality training ............. especially to those who don't go off to do Advanced TV programming at their local "Uni"
Talk to the RAF Regt. From what I’ve heard talking to colleagues who’ve seen it, the RAF Regt have a very slick recruiting set up that has a degree of impact and gets people in the door. They reportedly struggle to keep them, often when the reality fails to match the offer they’ve been sold as much as injuries, but that’s retention rather than recruiting. Might be worth looking at their approach for tips.

Other than that, I do recall a couple of quite warry advertising campaigns in the late 90s as I was joining up. If I recall they might even have been criticised for being too warry, but frankly that’s the sort of thing that would have worked on me back then - the RAF as a well equipped, relevant, elite fighting force. And am I imagining a campaign that was about a team in a supermarket with one of them cutting his finger and everyone rushing round to support him? I’m assuming that I’m getting wires crossed with age and making that up now because I don’t think anyone would sanction something so cringingly bad.