PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Cessna Diesel Discontinued
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 09:45
Ozgrade3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some of you seem to be technical ludites. To the person who said "diesels were dinosaurs" I'll take you for a ride in my Audi SQ7, thense my GMC3500 L5P, we'll tow an 8,000kg trailer just for fun. If that is a a "Dinosaur" well then yes please, more Dinosaur. Millions of diesel trucks, buses and cars are produced every year, they travel billions of miles every year on the highways around the world. One of my friends bought a Semi, grossed 70+ tons for 800,000 km before any injectors needed looking at.

What will we do when the EPA revokes the dispensation certificate for tetra ethyl -lead, Swift fuel or Gammi fuel can't ramp up production to supply the world. Most of the importers of Avgas want to get out of the business, lots of $ for separate infrastructure for Avgas to sell a dribble of fuel now and then. In the near future, any sort of Avgas will be $8 a litre. It's that price now in Europe and not available in Africa at all. It's jet-A or nothing.

Piper have expanded their lineup with the Diesel Seminole. Continental have shown confidence in the sector by creating the CD-170 diesel rated at 180 hp.
What anyone believes, diesel engines burning Jet-A is the only salvation for traditional GA. The other option is to let normal GA die out and Rotax to be the default and only engine up to 130 hp. Maybe a 6 cylinder Rotax could be made for 160 Hp. Who knows.

They only sell about 2+ million of these HD diesels a year between Ford, GM, Ram and now Nissan. So you are right, Americans don't like Diesels........hint>sarcasm,

The future of GA. Trust me, I am always correct in my predictions out to 30 years.

Last edited by Ozgrade3; 13th May 2018 at 09:48. Reason: Spelling