PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-LBY Skippers C-441
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 08:10
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by FGD135
Bend alot,

Your claim that:
Seems to be based on your assumption that the words "unscheduled engine shutdown" apply in this case. To my reading, they do not. An engine running out of fuel is not a major defect. You also seem to believe that a "mayday" also somehow requires a MR entry. That is not the case. I suggest that your "cover up" does not actually exist.

Ixixly,

You seem to have the idea that there were two pilots on the Conquest - which seems to make the likelihood of fuel exhaustion so much more unfathomable to you. That operation is normally flown by one pilot. Where did you get the idea of two pilots from?
FGD, Someone mentioned talking to an FO in the previous thread which lead me to believe there was 2 crew on board but I'm happy to be corrected there as it's not really stated anywhere in particular if it was 1 or 2 crew. I don't dispute the fact that it was Fuel Exhaustion just to be clear, that part is cut and dry, I'm personally thinking it will be a few different factors that went into the part where it all went very quiet rather than any one particular reason, basing that on the fact that they specifically mention Fuel Contamination and water being found, they're looking particularly into the Fuel Indication System and Fuel system component serviceability as well so seems from the report so far that they're looking into a few different areas that wouldn't really be necessary if the Pilot simply had tried to take off with Low Fuel hoping for favourable tail winds, also the fact that someone mentions a Pilot was let go but is flying for another Operator now which says to me they aren't grounded by CASA which you'd think would have been done if they suspected negligence in the form of taking off without enough fuel.