PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-LBY Skippers C-441
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 05:45
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by wishiwasupthere
And the fact that they're still operating not only the aircraft type but the exact aircraft, on LCRPT, after such a high profile event, suggests that everything that occurred after the incident was 'more than likely' above board, despite protestations to the contrary.
That an interesting statement.

I can not think of any reason that could stop that exact aircraft from still operating, there is no case to impound it.
Even less reasons to stop the operation of type as the incident has been confirmed as being not enough fuel for engines to operate.

ATSB do not lay blame, they just investigate and give the findings. They don't suspend or cancel AOC's or licences.

The job of CAsA is to use the findings from the ATSB and their own investigations and take action if required. This is not often done well or accurately or without internal politics.
CAsA need to build a case against who they have decided to blame (never a CAsA staff member) and this takes time and can be difficult. The sacrificial pilot may buy time if CAsA are after the company or if they were after the pilot they would be happy and case will be closed after ATSB finalize report.

Given the rumour the said pilot now has a job in the NT and CAsA Darwin look after Broome, I will assume that the pilot is not the person of CAsA's interest.

I will say CAsA may have no interest and may be happy it was just a one of error (but with the fuel lights I doubt it).

Many airlines get a fair bit of "compliance time" after incidents as many of them are critical to operations of large Australian Companies with prominent owners or government contracts.

The thing with ATSB reports is they list relevant events in the order they happened.